Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    12vman
    Participant

Is there an area near your home that has any cell phone signal? If so, perhaps one of these would work..

https://www.criterioncellular.com/repeaters/dual-band-repeater-cm.html

With a couple of these..

https://www.criterioncellular.com/antennas/grid-antenna.html

The repeater usually operates on 5-9 V.D.C. @ 1-2 amps which can be easily operated on solar power in a remote location. (Possibly on top of a hill) Aim one antenna towards a signal source (Cell Tower) and the other antenna towards your house. Keep 2-3 hundred feet separation between the antennas for best results.

Food for thought..

Nobodysfool4766
    Participant

I emailed you to the address listed above :) look forward to hearing from you soon!

Dustoffer
    Participant

Yes, it would be best to wash all the rocks, gravels, and sand first.   Then it is gray water.  It has microbes and chemicals that sand will not remove in it.  For the rest of the way to drinking water it has to go through filters down to 1 micron and activated charcoal.  Then to a UV sterilization light, and pumped on to the pressure tank.

BobbyKorona
    Participant

Reply from Bob….so you want to drink your processed “Gray water”…… if you live in the USA ….I don’t think you can do it……code or health will not pass it…..the chances for contamination entering your system ….airborne mist , leaks , cannot be eliminated ….there are ceramic , silver/ copper , and heat sterilization ……California has the strictest gray water regulation ….Google them….in the end if  you are set on drinking it …please have it tested……..my system will take it to .5mu run it into  a solar still , with a charcoal bed , the UV is in the sun light  plus some elevated temperature , store it in food grade fiberglass tanks , and have a small recirculator pump threw a silver exchange , then

test it….good luck …. Bob ..  32175w@gmail.com .. Bunnell ,  Florida

Dustoffer
    Participant

Why not use state of the art long lasting micro-hydro generators?

Gill N Martin
    Participant

Hi
    Introducing the Crafty Project to the off-grid community.

We are Nicky and Jay, we will be setting up a reasonably self sustained community in Burgundy, France next year. We are asking all like minds to pay attention here because we will be needing well trained people in all things off-grid, whether individuals or families to live full time on site as a collective project management team.

The community (not a commune) will be led by decisions made by the project management team, for the people by the people, so everyone benefits. The project management team will be living rent free with land to create your produce with the added bonus of creating a renewable green energy mesh with all whom want to share it, so no bills.

We also would like to offer an outlet to sell the produce grown and made on the land to the local community and to tourists (at certain parts of the year). Monies made will be used purely for the community, such as annual land taxes (which we can’t get away from), maintenance and future projects to expand the community.

Of course we realize the project managers will need an income, so what they do in their own homes is up to them as long as it doesn’t conflict with the crafty project, however, we will put a percentage share of the co op shop aside for them, so its in their interest to keep it going.

We would like to educate as many as possible in the art of self reliance and sustainability, so we will be holding workshops for all to visit the crafty project with the project managers passing on their valuable knowledge. People will be able to camp on site and take part in the workshops and the working off-grid experience, hopefully continue and pass on the knowledge to others.

We have a website: https://craftyworkshop.org/

We have a group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/craftyworkshop/

And twitter: @workshopcrafty

If you’d like to contact us via email: workshopcrafty@gmail.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Drew, I’m Linda from the UK too, East. I’m 21 living with my parents, working as a call handler/admin. I am sorry to hear you are feeling like this, I think we all experience it no matter where we are or the people around us. I am lucky to have a couple of people who I can talk to without that weird look you can get. But I am the only one who has an interest in living off-grid.

I didn’t/don’t much about living off-grid either (still learning ) so I spent time researching, seeing what is out there, what people are doing and planning to do.  I am now in the process of organising to do some WWOOFing in the US, for a holiday from work.

Depending on what you are looking for there are a few places local around the UK that you can either volunteer, WWOOF, or do workshops that can give you experience/skills of living off-grid that you could use later when you find a place to call home. Or if you job jump you around as much a mine, take a break and go learn.

When it comes to missing TV etc. I am still on the grid and barely watch it unless I am at someone else’s. Mine had to get packed up for a couple of days, a few months ago. Now it just sits there, I even find myself, thinking about the about of time programme takes up when I do watch them. I figured I have sat around for long enough, now it time to do, test it give it a week and you wont miss it. And you will find you have time for so much more!

I hope you are feeling less alone, the world is full of options we just have to take the first step. It would be great to hear from you see if you have found anything different to me in the UK.

Linda

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey James, my name Linda I’m newish to this site. Its nice seeing more people from the UK. I’m 21 years old, living in the East, hoping to find a way to live off-grid, but currently looking into learning more skills to be able to do it. I know I have plenty to learn. I don’t know if I am classed as “normal” but I ‘m not crazy if that what you meant. Let me know what you had been thinking, law@hotmail.co.uk

Debbie
    Participant

Potentially yes, and I have another interested friend…

Elsa Duncan
    Participant

I am interested depending where the location is.

Chang
    Participant

Hi I am new to this site and off the grid. I am considering  this new life style.  I’m 23 and my gf is 21.  Washington resident for my entire life; gf is from California.  Soon to be out of the service.  I am an outdoor enthusiasts and self sustaining self reliant.  I would like to know more information about this.  Able to provide more information about myself.  Thank you.  jeff.chang602@gmail.com

john84420
    Participant

would prefer an are with four seasons and an elevation of 4000 to 6000 ft wooded lot. I have been doing a lot of research I think the Or and CO are is good in Co you have more counties that you can build in that follow the national standard for building

Sounds interesting Beast, do you have any pix or maybe even a sketch of it in action or the parts?

Wretha

Anonymous
    Inactive

cool dreary day today, just enuff sun to say it was day
    barely made 50 degrees outside
    my little invention put out 1/4 cup of water
    id say it was a success :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

run your filtered water into a large tank and set lass on a slope over top, set the lowest edge of the glass into or over an eaves trough, as the sun shines thru the glass the water evaporates, leavin all contaminates behind, it will condensate on the under side of the glass and run down into the trough, there it can be collected and will be safe for drinkin

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.