Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    Timbatao
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I have some suggestions for you, can you post your email address so I can contact you?

As for land, all the ads you mentioned are very expensive. Normal prices in Spain and Portugal are between 4.000 and 12.000 euro per hectare depending on the location and facilities (mainly being water and year-round warm climate).

Timbatao
    Participant

here it is: radislt@gmail.com

GardensWaterwheels
    Participant

I am amazed I am fortunate to come to the right page on this computer to read these words!

We have a lot in common!

I have figured around 40k each and I think atleast four people might be able to accomplish this…

A life of no rent ever, yet a house. A life of free electricity forever, with no bills,… Your Job: To help to tend and create and allow to thrive a Large, Beautiful, Abundant, Diverse Permaculture Food Forest. Once established , it is said to be year round abundant with low maintenance, and the diet is supreme for health as all natural organic and diverse, one day you are eating nuts, next day you find youself amongst raspberries, the next you find an underground forest of giant mushrooms etc ^^

Plus, you have the freedom to grow and sell various valuable crops including: Tobacco, weed, Healing herbs of all kinds and teas Cx

The forest will have to be done expertly and be a shining example of a functioning permaculture food forest to work well…

I need to save for atleast three years to make 40k. Then I have to find the people that will do it with me, then we must find this sacred spot on the earth which is the right canvas for our painting

So what do you think? Peoples!? Peoples?! What do you think of this concept here? :s *eagerly awaits reply

Anonymous
    Inactive

The concept is interesting, but practice tends to be very different from theory. I’d love to have suitable water on my land but I’m in the wrong part of the world. I believe that you actually need a very large volume of water or a very long fall to get much power out of it so the chances of finding a suitable property are slim.

I’d say that although you’re heart is in the right place, you should be a bit more flexible in your thinking.

Finding (a) suitable partner(s) is a major challenge anyway. I’ve been living off-grid on my own for many years – still not found anybody who I can get on well enough with to share my dream. Sad but true, that’s the way it is today. Everyone is too different and too unwilling to compromise. – or put in the work that is needed for this sort of lifestyle.

I wish you luck with your dream anyway :)

Marc

Beth
    Participant

My fiance and I are wanting make the switch and live off-grid. Would be interested to talk with you about your location and such!

Hi Beth, what part of the country are you in now? Are you flexible in where you wish to live? Usually the more desolate the land the cheaper… west Texas has some cheap land, the issues are water, access, long distances to anything. The land is cheap, but getting services isn’t. We do just fine, but it’s not for everyone, you either love it or you hate it. I can’t speak for the rest of the USA. Wherever you choose, be SURE you walk the land, don’t buy sight unseen, make SURE of the local codes and regulations, meet the locals, get an idea if these are the folk you want to live near… Depending on what you want to build, look around the area, I hate to say it, but if you see junky yards, broken down homes, the more likey it is you can do what you want on your property, just don’t be the worst looking place, make sure some other property looks worse than yours. :)

Wretha

Beth
    Participant

Currently I am living in Pennsylvania.  Location isn’t a huge issue. I would like to stay away from the west coast. Texas seems like a place I could look into. Are there a lot of people living off-grid there? I feel like it’s hard to find others who have gone off-grid. Maybe it’s just my location. I would like to be able to build my home and I was hoping to find it next to or not too far from a water source. I’m sure a lot of people are looking for that though

chowan
    Participant

Hi Beth i saw your other post about looking for property you may try smile4u i was very happy with their service

https://www.smile4uinc.com/index.php

or https://www.1881.com/

both have a lot of properties in this area and i would also be happy to talk with you about what i have but you need to be sure you

and you fiance wish to move to this area its beautifull and free but winters are extreme and work is hard to come by.

many people dont last more than 1 winter

please post a anon contact email and ill reply back to that if you wish to talk more about this area

best wishes in your search

12vman
    Participant

I found a piece of property that no one else wanted. (~10 Ac.) It had set in a dormant estate account for 30+ years. Purchased it in ’89 for 2K. Found it through a realtor that was working for a bank to tie up loose ends. It was even land locked! (No access to road frontage) I worked with a neighbor to purchase a strip of land to make things legal. That 1/3 Ac. plus survey/paperwork cost more than the 10 Ac… lol

Since then, I converted something that was totally worthless into 960 Sq. Ft. of heaven, totally solar powered, no well, (Collect cloud juice) No septic, (Composting system) Almost totally self sufficient! Wood heat and propane fridges/cook stove. (Could survive without the propane if needed)

There’s more off-grid folks in Pa. than you know. I’m aware of several through other forums. Some take advantage of the mountain streams for power..

I’m in Ohio so I’m not too far away. Plan for a road trip! See a real off-grid situation..

Beth
    Participant

That sounds like a great set up. Hey, if you’re really offering my fiance and I would love to take a mini road trip to see a real off-grid set up. I’m going to keep searching for others in PA. I feel like it would really help to see and talk to people who are already living like this and gather advice/ideas from them.

Beth
    Participant

this is my email: bethanyhammack@gmail.com, id love to talk more about your current living situation and your future goal.  My fiance and I aren’t sure where we want to look into setting up yet but we really would like to explore our options.

12vman
    Participant

Sure! Me and the wife would be glad to show you both how we do things around here..

I’ve hosted Carla Emery and her husband twice here at my humble little abode in the woods. My living room has been full of curious folks like yourself..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carla_Emery

Don’t expect a mansion because it’s not. Expect an unfinished shack that has become my lifetime experiment..

windorsun (at) aol (dot) com

BzPAL
    Participant

Yikes!  I just lost my first post on another thread, and it wasn’t finished, so hope it doesn’t show up!

BzPAL
    Participant

‘@12vman, isn’t it a great feeling to have your lifestyle validated by others?  That’s why a community feeling is nice, or to not be too isolated for people to seek you out.  I often wish I weren’t so isolated and could attend workshops, fairs and the like easier.  But I will just need to get more like-minded people to come to Belize!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.