Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    johncarry
    Participant

Hi i search on google basicly using my keywords

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello!! been thinking about this for a while to. Living in Australia just now, but as an ex-pat, have saved money for some land back home, away from it all. if its closer to like minded people who want to share, save, and barter together, then all the better. Am very interested in this, and money is there. let me know what the sp is?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow unbelievable…well I am sure they wont be able to put a meter on a small “Sunraiden” ..compact and easy to move around with…also I would really check into this law and fight it ..because sometimes these big companies do what they want NOT what is actually the law or right ..Good luck and keep us posted…living of grid means getting away from all these rich companies

Anonymous
    Inactive

SO glad for you and I hope you don’t get to lonely …I am sure there are girls out there who love to live of grid…Just make sure you have always energy for your phone and maybe computer (if you have one) that’s great connection to the world ….to assure that get yourself a “Sunraiden” I have one I am very satisfied with and I like it so I tell people that live of grid….Wishing you all the best !!!!!!!keep us posted!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

well if you want electricity of grid you could buy yourself a small solarinverter (compact and easy to transport or move)which uses a battery and/or a solar-panel …you can recharge your batter with a small solar-panel …and if you do not have one you can just use your battery and recharge with a charger or let your truck recharge it .I bought myself a small “Sunraiden” its great and works great what I like most about it it keeps my cell phone charged because it is pure sine. Hope my reply helped you to get power easy and with no hassle. Keep us posted!

lisaA
    Participant

Mark do you have a link for that law? bunch of crap I say. ( and are you off-grid in Wisconsin) I am hoping to be some day

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey I’m looking to do the very same thing . What country are you from ? I’m from UK and from my research looks incredibly difficult to do it here :( would love to share knowledge with you sometime ? Andrewkelly09@hotmail.co.uk

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi I’m trying to use this site as well but on every browser I use it just dosnt seem to load or log in correctly :/ shame really brilliant concept

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Steve you got any more detail on this ?

lisaA
    Participant

Andrew- sometimes it’s a bit temperamental. if you just hit (f5) to refresh your screen, it usually works!

BobbyKorona
    Participant

Hello Andrew…. from Bob in sunny Florida …. I do a lot of responding on a lot of off-grid sites…… basically I have my off-grid , wild caught , natural fish farm, like free range fish, if they cant forage in the pond to feed them self’s, to bad. A lot of information is on the web about raising fish for money , and its true Tilapia fillates will sell for $10.00 to $15.00 a lb, but you don’t know anything about where they were raised, were the cross sexed, antibodies are needed in high density stocked tanks, and food is it fish chow 2 grades below dog food, go to this web page

https://ag.arizona.edu/azaqua/extension/flyers/Pond_Cultcure_Tilapia.pdf N …..,

A stocking rate of 8,000/acre is frequently used to achieve yields as
    high as 4.4 tons/acre. At this stocking rate the daily weight gain will
    range from 1.5 to 2.0 grams. Culture periods of 200 days or more are
    needed to produce large fish that weigh close to 500 grams.

Now you do the math 4.4 tons per acre every 200 days at $3.00 a lb whole fish … = $26,400 US dollars…

Well enough fish talk so Andrew where are you in your research…. do you have any property …. do you really want to go off-grid or is it a dream? camp out for a month and get the feel of what is needed when the sun goes down, or your hungry because you went threw all your food in the first week, …..as a minimum 2 gal of drinking water a day that’s only 27 days from a 55gal blue drum that weights 458 lbs……jot down your questions …then google them first before you ask for help…..would be happy to work with you but my tutoring rates are $25.00/hr…..keep in touch… you have one free question credit……take care … bob …. bob32l75@aol.com Sunny Florida central east coast

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Mike my name is Haley and I’m a casting agent with FYI. If you are still planning on moving off the grid, we are looking for singles/ couples/ families or even groups of friends who are tired of the city life and genuinely planning or at least dreaming of moving off the grid in the next 1-2 years. Email offgridontv@gmail.com with a few pictures and your story. Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Greg i am a casting agent in LA for the FYI channel who is casting for couples/ singles/ families who are tired of the city life and want to move off the grid! If you are genuinely planning (or at least dreaming) of living off the grid in the next 1-2 years then we would love to follow your journey! Email offthegridontv@gmail.com with your bio, why you want to move off-grid, and attach a few pictures! Thank you!

bfassitt
    Participant

How do I contact you? Email? I am very interested thank you.

lisaA
    Participant

The other hard part, and probably the main reason ( beside hubby) as to why i am not off the grid yet, is i have a house i need to sell first! and with the economy the way it is, i don’t see it happening soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.