Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    Ding
    Participant

where are you thinking?

Hi Tombstoner, same thing happened to me, mine was caused by an adblock addon on my browser, I use AdBlock Plus, had to turn it off for this site to see all of the articles.

If you are running any sort of ad blocking app, addon or program, try turning it off for this site, refresh the page and see if that helps.

Wretha

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Wretha,

Turning off the ‘ad blocker’ works. I can now read full posts thank you

Tombstoner

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everyone, Im back. Its been a while !

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey James check out my post in the landbuddy section, you are not to far from me.

There are many ways to go about, I would say. You can travel to an off the grid community and spend some time there, you can help a person that is off the grid already or you can get together with someone who also would like to go OTG. Which ever way you do it doesn’t really matter as long as you do it. The best way I would think is to get some experience from someone that is doing it on a everyday basis. 2 reasons why: 1 you’ll come to a decision at the end of the trip if this is really what you want to do and 2 you gain knowledge and skill about the lifestyle. So if you are in a position to travel without anything holding you back, go for it go get your hands dirty!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello fellow New Yorker, New York here as well. What kind of stories are you looking for ? The interest in going off-grid or being off-grid or both ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

OH yes i can do it with you just only if you are a serious,caring,honest,trustworth and understanding person so if you are interested in me contact me direct in my email adddress and skype(  m.ag80@yahoo.com ) Skype me here ( vidono51  )

Great share Betty :)

Wretha

john84420
    Participant

not been on in awhile to check things out busy land hunting, I am not looking for people to move to the land to help work it so that they can stay. iam looking to start a group were every one puts up the same amount to buy in

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you! I will certainly look at getting myself a copy. That sounds like a good idea I will have a think about it, I was thinking more along the lines of a co-operative type but I do like your idea, it could breed more diverse and interesting ideas.

CadeJ
    Participant

I am already settled Phil, but I would like to offer my thoughts on how to set things up for a group. There is a great book “Creating a Life Together” about intentional communities and how to organize. You might want to look at that. My idea was to form a company, set up some simple by-laws and sell shares. When the company had sufficient investors, it would buy land and subdivide it (surf the cake-cutting problem). There would be a common area and assigned parcels to each shareholder. Shares could be bought or sold only between shareholders and the corporation, but if a shareholder brings a suitable buyer, the corporation must consider the exchange. Well, there are all sorts of ways to get started, but that is what I’d come up with . . . good luck to you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just joined been looking too I have a lot of skills u need and tools equip

Amy Jo
    Participant

Have you considered building an earthship?

Anonymous
    Inactive

why not any older artists?

While we are flexible, the main goal of our journey is to reach the heart of the “now” generation. But if an older person feels they have something to offer towards our goal, we are open.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.