Off Grid Home Forums Technical Discussion SURVEY – Solar Wind Microhydro innovative multiplexer power homogenizing battery

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    matthiesr
    Participant

This is a Solar Wind Microhydro innovative multiplexer power homogenizing battery-reviving CHARGE CONTROLLER design SURVEY, so that people everywhere may have nearly-free-energy from generators, perhaps made at very low cost, such as a $180 200-watt generator made from scrap materials, in Thailand.

Hello, my name is Rob Matthies. Having completed several newsworthy, award-winning game-changing, “dead-battery” pickup truck, water-powered 50cc scooters, and other interesting out-of-the-box projects that have “gone commercial”, my Vancouver Gadgeteer colleagues are gearing up to invent a “white box” Charge Controller that, among other features:

1) Has 5 DC power inputs (eliminating the need for a Terminal Block for a solar panel array); the PV panels will isolated in parallel, thereby not blocking each other, as they would be doing in a series circuit — estimated efficiency gain of up to 35% — isn’t this better than MPPT? (Maximum Power Point Tracking) )

2) Will homogenize and unify multiple DC input voltages into a rock-steady “constant voltage” 12VDC (nominal) to charge a battery bank

3) Come with information and supplies/hardware on how to obtain dead lead-acid batteries (automotive, sealed, and deep-cycle) and how to revive (rejuvenate) these unusable batteries, thereby eliminating the need to purchase new batteries for any Off-The-Grid energy storage system (save $$$$ in your battery bank purchases)

4) Boost input voltage from 5V to output 12V as required for an estimated efficiency gain of 5%-15% (makes a wind turbine useful at low RPM speeds, too)

— isn’t this better than MPPT? (Maximum Power Point Tracking)

5) Reduce input voltage (voltage regulator function) from as high as 30V to output 12V as required (eliminates “cooking” the batteries)

6) Accept mixed, fluctuating, power inputs from solar panels, wind turbines, and a micro-hydro generator up to 1200 watts without the need for a separate solenoid switch of relay

7) Charge at 12Vdc which is much safer than producing a (potentially fatal) higher voltage at the generator-to-battery bank circuit; thereby eliminating the need for GFI or GFCI devices

8) Charge a 12V battery bank so that the least expensive DC to AC [quasi-] sine-wave inverters can be used for power utilization

9) Eliminate the need for safety certification, as only 12VDC is utilized up to the battery bank

10) Dump excess load into a load-diverter water-heating element, so that hot water can be made available to the user(s); makes excess power usable for say, a hot tub

11) Have a 10-year “backwoods durable” warranty

12) Will not use a LCD display because most LCD’s will eventually become unreadble from direct sunlight

13) Unlike all-other charge controllers, our “DC Power Pastuerizer” (our nickname for this Charge Control invention) will have a charge profile that will not cause battery degradation or electrolyte evaporation. (The fact is that no other battery rejuvenation system has been used to solely power the batteries in a 4-wheel Battery Electric Vehicle, except for my Revived Battery Electric Pickup Truck, as shown on TV documentaries. My unique knowledge will be used, in our Charge Controller, to keep batteries charged with the least possible degradation.)

14) Can be used in multiples, working together

15) Meant for use by unsophisticated users in out-of-the-way places

16) Will have a limited battery reviving capability

17) Will not be burnt/damaged by an sparking disconnect (many CMOS devices are easily destroyed by high transient voltages from sparks — but not ours)

Here are my questions:

a) How many units will we be able to sell annually?

b) Will users pay $1200-$1600 for such a unit?

c) What other features should this device have?

d) Any other suggestions or comments?

For references, please do a Keyword Search on any Search Engine for:

i) VANCOUVER GADGETEERS

ii) ROB MATTHIES INVENTOR

iii) PaT MICRO HYDRO (requires RPM tweaking for precise voltage output — not necessary with our charge controllers)

iv) HIGH VOLTAGE AC MICRO HYDRO GENERATORS (produces >200 volts at the turbine — potentially fatal and unnecessarily hazardous, in my opinion, as a non-fatal low voltage genny could be used to produce the same wattage)

v) REVIVED BATTERY ELECTRIC PICKUP NEWS

vi) GADGETEERS TAP WATER SCOOTER NEWS EVENTS

vii) VANCOUVER GADGETEERS HEALTH DISCOVERIES