Off Grid Home Forums Technical Discussion Charge Controller

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there,

I am a first time poster but have been gleening info from this site for a while. So first of all, let me start off by saying “Thank You!” to all who have posted questions or answers on this forum as it helps the rest of us to learn.

I have been accumulating my off grind components for about two years and am very close to installing it and using it. So far, I have 10 ea Evergreen Solar 215 w panels and 2 ea 100w CIGS solar panels. Also, two wind generators, Wind Blue power that can generate about 450 watss ea in steady breeze. I have a 12v to 120v 5000w pure sine inverter (10,000 surge). So I am looking into the charge controller and seem to have hit a unforseen snag.

I have been planning on going 12V in and 120v out on the system as a whole. Thinking this was a good place for begiiners to be. First, due to the wind generators, there is a roughly 1kw variability in the output due to whether the wind is blowing or not. Secondly, doing the math (My electical knowledge is very limited-but I am trying to learn) Watts divided by volts = Amps. I am seeing that I will be needing a 165Amp charge controller, yet when I look on line those are paired with the largest of systems, which mine is not (yet). Is there a wiring trick to reduce the amps or should I consider 24V in and 120 or 220 out or??? I just don’t think I am operating with all the knowledge I need. Any good ideas out there?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.