Off Grid Home Forums Technical Discussion additives or gadgets to fix or renew batteries

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    MrEnergy
    Participant

I’m moving along slowly but surely……. Here is a video of one of the prototypes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm2hamjCfCI

Anonymous
    Inactive

nice! keepit updude

Very interesting MrEnergy, how close are you to marketing this?

I checked out your website for this device, one quick recommendation, just a suggestion, on the main page (and any other page), you might want to consider changing the name of the page (in HTML) from “index” to something more descriptive of the page, when anyone bookmarks the page, the NAME on the bookmark will be “index”, you probably want it to say something more pertinent to the site and or page. :) Let me know if you need any help, I have some experience with making websites.

Wretha

MrEnergy
    Participant

Hi. Which website did you go to? I have not put up a website yet. Just some demo videos so far.

Thanks for the input you guys.

Tad

Sorry I didn’t specify, it’s on the https://www.simple-fire.com/ site.

Wretha

MrEnergy
    Participant

Ah, yes, that website is horrible. I had a very nice looking website design up that looked similar to other professional stove websites, but Charlie said he did not know how to modify it so he used frontpage or something and created some early 1990’s looking page. I was really dismayed at putting the time in to make a nice looking one then seeing him take a huge step backwards, but he is the project founder on the stove so I just let him figure it out.

You should send him an email and ask him if he wants help with the website, he would probably pay you to keep it looking nice. I think they are starting to make money with the stove, which was my goal. The stove really works nice so I was helping them get the stove demo’s and such done. I helped with the engineering and getting the files to the Cnc machine shop so they could start producing them.

I am fairly close on getting the Small and medium sized Battery reconditioners in production. The power supply design is what I am working on right now. I am just a one man show so it takes me a long time to get engineering done. If I could work on it full time it would be a breeze, but I would need to get it put up on Kickstarter or something in order for me to do that.

Tad

OK, thanks MrEnergy, I assumed it was your site since I found the link through your YouTube video…  it’s not a terrible site, I’ve seen much worse, the main thing I see that should be fixed asap is the title of the main page, that’s most important when someone bookmarks the site, the bookmark will be named “index”, your friend will want it to be named something more descriptive than “index”.

I understand about being a “one man show”, my hubby operated his business like that before we moved off-grid. :)

Wretha

MrEnergy
    Participant

Well I’m glad you don’t think it’s too bad = ) Charlie really does need to have an experienced web designer work on it a little though. I will keep at it here on the BatteryForce reconditioners. I’m hoping to have them available for late spring.

Tad

Anonymous
    Inactive

hey mrenergy,im a cheap freelance web designer

MrEnergy
    Participant

Cool! I would send Charlie an email. dcon at frontiernet dot net. If you could get his website fixed up that would be great!

Tad

Anonymous
    Inactive

will do :)

gordo
    Participant

ahhhh battery maint.

its really important that your batteries get to absorb once a week. the bubbling will help keep the sulfating in control.  if your battery bank is too big for your array to get to absorb then i recommend using the generator in the early morning on a sunny day and artifically boost your batteries so you can get to absorb.  also, for battery longevity the 50% mark is fairly conservative.  remember thats manufacture spec.  but they still want to sell more batteries in eight years.  i try not to let mine go below 70%.

since you cant EQ with the inverter/loads.  is your charge controler adjustable.  if so you can just increase parameters of bulk and absorb to the eq level. BUT Only for 2 -4 hours.  then decrease to default.  EQ is basically a controled overcharge.

As for gadgets.  i have had noticable results by using the infinituim battery desulfator.  i took specific gravity of all cells of all batteries befor hooking them up.  on average my cells where at 1.20 or less.  after 3 weeks i was average 1.25.  i checked every morning.  best in the morning, its more accurate because theres no top charge from the day.  my power usage is very consistant.  after a about 5 days i noticed that my specific gravity was starting to randomly improv and in the morning by battery level was just a touch higher.  24v system, in the mornig before desulfator’s my bank would be about 24.4 and 5 days in i was 24.7/8.  after 2 weeks 25.0.  after 3 weeks 25.2 :)

another thing you can do is track down a load tester.  disconnect all batteries from one another and load test each battery on its own.  or disconnect all bateries and use a multi meter.  if you have one battery in poor shape it will draw your other batteries down.  like when your head lamp goes dim and you change one of 3 batteries.  for a moment headlamp is strong then goes dim again.  2 poor batteries draw the one go one down.

another idea for eq/ desulfating is they now make battery chargers with eq and desulfate options you could plug this in to the generator and just clamp on.

hope this helps

gordo

hkalan
    Participant

Hello,

You can make your own “De-Sulfating” device. My friend has made a solid-state model that works perfectly. Have a watch… He is now a member here as well !

Alan

MrEnergy
    Participant

Yup. These were the units we were making back in the early 90’s. They are slow to work, but they do work. You can buy these same inductive units very cheaply on ebay and such as well. It’s basically a boost converter which boosts voltage, stores it in a small cap and then discharges it into the battery.

Tad

hkalan
    Participant

Hello,

Actually it is a “Pulse” circuit using the Badini circuit.

The “Air Coil” is a Solid-State type has a trigger coil, and run coil.  The coils will oscillate creating high voltage spikes that will pulse the plates of the charging battery, that actually pulse off the sulphur layering the plates, that then return the sulphur into the battery fluid.

The Badini circuit is a patented Open-Source circuit. It is not able to be sold, but a DIY project that can easily be made at home.

You can also make a rotor type pulse motor using electromagnet coils and magnets on a spinning rotor. They both do the same thing.

NOTE: The type of transistor and diodes used, as well as numbers or run coils will greatly increase the de-sulfating effect and intensity.

If you follow some of his other video’s, you will see how you can make one for yourself. It is a good tool to have before you equalise any Lead Acid Battery !

Alan

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.