There are different types and grades of caulk, I like one called “Big Stretch”, it stays flexible
It won’t crack—it just stretches.
Big Stretch® is a 100% acrylic latex, high-performance caulk with powerful adhesion and elasticity. Big Stretch will stretch and compress to absorb just about any movement a home can dish out. It spans gaps up to 2″ wide and stretches up to 500% of the original joint size without cracking.
Features & Benefits
- Super elastic—moves instead of tears
- For interior and exterior use
- Highly durable
- Low VOC
- Superb paintability
- Freeze-thaw stable
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Stop-flow plunger
- Paintable with exterior latex paints/stains after 4 hours
- Paintable with interior latex paints/stains after 24-48 hours
- Soap and water cleanup
- Available in 13 colors → View Color Chart
- Available in 10.5 oz and 29 oz. cartridges *
* 29 oz. cartridge is only available in white.
It’s perfect for many interior and exterior applications, including:
- crown molding
- sound-proofing interior walls
It adheres to most building materials, including:
- anodized windows
A variety of plastics and other surfaces, including:
- acrylic sheet
- mortar/stone/cinder block
- drywall / fiber cement
Yeah, I just put up a big ol’ commercial for Big Stretch… ;) It’s what we use out here in far west Texas, it does hold up to the sun, wind and monsoon season, I get it from my local hardware store.