GardensWaterwheels
Participant

I have very similar idea as you, and I would like to share it. I also am in need of some sound advice from people who are atleast interested in the topic.

I plan to buy land in a group of four or more situated apon a downhill mountain stream of

sufficient flow, reliability of permanence and dammability where I persue to set up a series of

dams that have a two cup tall, river wide gap at the bottom to allow the fish, mussels etc to flow

underneath a mesh protected spout. The spout directs most of the rivers flow into a small channel

coming over onto the top of a waterwheel connected to a permanent magnet alternator which generates

electricity to charge a clump of deep cycle marine batteries for periodic replacement. Further

upstream, large debris could be diverted down a different rout somehow, including any river life?

If done intelligently, carefully choosing the land, one can secure permanent free electricity at a

high rate and a low cost in comparison to solar if one utilises this concept of damming the stream

multiple times, utilising multiple wheels, along its length, with a big narrow at the bottom for

the fish, and a mesh protection for the dams spout leading to a water wheel charging a set of deep

cycle marine batteries! On top of this working permanant establishment of sufficient free electricity, one

as a team persues to establish very carefully and beautifully, a working permaculture food forest!

This food forest is established by the team, has a large diversity of fruit and nut plants along

with herbs, tobacco, tea, various hard wood trees, healing remedy plants, diverse organic foods of

all kinds at a cost of low maintenance once established, plants that need more frequent attention,

are placed closer to the house. Some of this is traded for other things, hopefully being able to

give generously. Permaculture is forest archetecture, food forest gardening. It creates a diverse

forest of food that matures very well over long time. etc etc, do some research if you have never

heard of the term ‘permaculture’! So, what do you guys think? And how likely do you think it is to

find land like this at a size of around two acres? ‘I just know thisl work though! And overcoming

any obsticles to climbing this mountain will be so worth it! No rent, free electricity, a food forest of beauty, a life time of freedom for those after you and those after them! Some advice, any? I have worked out, the rough cost to achieve this is: 40k each, four people putting 40k each in. But, the bigger the land, the more likely to find such a perfect kind of down hill mountain stream along with good food forest conditions. So the more, the better. If you ask me, the whole world should just convert to small, blissful villages like this that trade with one another. Apparently, I heard there is this new technology that is just a big glass ball of water that concentrates the suns light to shine intencely onto some very small but well equipped solar panels. With the addition of nano technology, these solar panels might be able to be made very efficient. So if that happens, then these villages can be put anywhere and everywhere, and trade with each other ^^. But until that happens, I am not going to waste any time, I am going to save up this money, and within a maximum of four years (I worked out 3 years at 200 dollers saving per week) and a minimum of one year (by working in the mines, or something), finding a team who is keen enough to save this money with me, taking a permaculture food forest course (there is one in the town i live! :) I will have the 40 or 50k I need to begin, granted that my team is saving with me, only then will it be possible within a small ammount of time, and then there is the great obsticle of finding a peice of land that is for purchase of around 2 acres that is situated apon a perrenial (permanent) mountain stream of sufficient flow and dammability… (a hard part) many obsticles to climb this mountain, But this is to be expected, the governments (provide no use whatsoever) obviously dont want us to be free living in harmony, so yes, this will be quite the mountain to climb with some of its obsticles… But what are your thoughts.