jengr
Participant

Sorry to hear you’re feeling lost!  I’m sure many of us feel that way, regardless of whatever kind of community support we have.  I know I do; I live rurally but this agriculture country is getting sprayed twice as heavy as the nearby city with chemtrails.  In the last 2 years since I’ve been here my health as been a constant struggle.  Put me on a mountain top with 30lbs on my back for a few days and I’ll never tire or waiver.  I walk 1/4 mile in this town and my lungs close up and throw me into an asthma attack.  Not to mention other issues that have arisen.

So I know where you’re coming from, perhaps a bit.  Everyone’s inclined to pass things off.  I’m not a fan of the term “sheeple”, but too many are too ready to take whatever comes and just sit down in the face of crisis.  I live alone too, and the gnawing fear of knowing the air is poison, my skies are polluted, my land is dying, my soil is dying, my trees are dying, wanting to scream and claw my face because for once I just want to see the sun, but week after week it’s blotted out by the obsessive chemtrail spraying.  My only fix is leaving, heading to higher elevations, to national forests, even for a few hours or few days break to recharge.

Though we all start in different places and have different wants.  You sound like you’re not sure what you want.  I would do some serious thinking on this.  Natural living and electronics don’t exactly go hand in hand.  Literally they can, but ideally they should not.  Screen time is desperately  bad for our health.  That’s just my own opinion though.  Myself?  I’m self employed with online sales, so it’s an evil I endure grudgingly.  I for one would be happy to never see a screen or hear the whir of electronics again!  But to each their own.

It’s a tough process, and with little or no skill you’ll be hard pressed to find what you want.  My motto?  “Why not?”  I’m at a stage right now where I’m doing everything I can to gain experience; living alone, gardening, canning, freezing, preserving, raising livestock, nurturing the land, composting, downsizing, traveling, meditating and growing spiritually, building my own tools, out buildings, learning to fix things anyways even though you just don’t have what you need, herbalism and botany, hunting, the list goes on.

Get out, get your feet under you would be my advice.  Go for it, for something, for anything, and see if you like it.  If you don’t, well now you know!  The only place to start is at the beginning!